DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Luangwa Bull

PentUp

Loxodonta africana. Walking up beneath a sausage tree (Kigelia africana).
Pentax K5II & Sigma 50-500 DG OS HSM

IMGP4843s.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-5 II
  • 113.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 640

IMGP4844s.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-5 II
  • 113.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 500

IMGP4846s.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-5 II
  • 93.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 640

IMGP4861s.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-5 II
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 500

My favorite is #1. What a majestic creature!

Thanks for sharing.

Phil
Thanks Phil, I like the first one best as well, I think it works best as a portrait orientation crop. #1 & #2 were both actually at 113mm, but I had to crop to meet the 4MP upload limit.
#3 was at 93mm, and #4 at 50mm (he was about 5 m away by then).

Nice animal.
No 2 for me. Gives me a bit more room around the subject or maybe it looks a bit less worryingly close!

Nice animal.
No 2 for me. Gives me a bit more room around the subject or maybe it looks a bit less worryingly close!
I know what you mean. Most of the time I try to show the wildlife in, or interacting with, its envionment. But sometimes I can't resist a good close-up.

Great close captures, nice to see the environment too.
If I were to pick... #3 for me. I like the bonus animals (? antelope).

All great. Elephants, always a showstopper. Love them. Your shots bring out the best in them.
Cheers Ken. Elephants are by far my favourite animals to spend time with. But like all dangerous creatures, you need to keep one eye constantantly on their body language, and the other on an escape route.

Back