DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Some military aircraft from back in the day.

cjf2

Some pictures photographed from slides taken in the film era in England. Quality not as good as these days but such great aircraft back then!
1 Avro Shackleton AEW 3 of 8 Squadron sf.jpg
  • Canon - Canon EOS 7D
  • EF50mm f/1.8 II
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/8 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

Avro Shackleton AEW 3 of 8 Squadron RAF- the predecessor to the AWACS.

1 Vulcan over Vulcan late 1970s further left _000143.jpg

The crew of a Vulcan of 101 squadron of the RAF in the static display at an airshow watch the display by another Vulcan, of 44 Squadron, I think.

1 Lightning -XR727 English Electric Lightning F6 of 11 Squadron a .jpg
  • Canon - Canon EOS 7D
  • EF50mm f/1.8 II
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/4 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

English Electric Lightning of 11 Squadron RAF taxis at RAF Binbrook in the early 1980s.

1 SR71 serial 17872 gets airborne at Mildenhall with C135s behind sf a .jpg
  • Canon - Canon EOS 7D
  • EF50mm f/1.8 II
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/5 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

In the 1970s and 1980s the Lockheed SR 71 was based in England. Seen taking off from RAF Mildenhall with C 135s behind.

1 Film-K64 1982  Blackburn Buccaneer flying with condensation extra sharpened a.jpg
  • Canon - Canon EOS 7D
  • EF50mm f/1.8 II
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/6 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

Blackburn Bucaneer S2 of the RAF does a (relatively) tight turn

Thanks to those who’ve liked these old images. I wish I could go back in time with my modern digital equipment and record all the wonderful aircraft that could be seen in the 1970s and 1980s.

Wonderful trip down memory lane. Great conversions. Thank you for sharing these.
I grew up 50 miles from Oshkosh Wisconsin. Home of the EAA Air Venture annual air show. I also look back and wish I had digital back than. Seeing the SR-71 landing was a sight burned in my memory. Unfortunately didn't get the landing on film.
Thanks again.

Wonderful trip down memory lane. Great conversions. Thank you for sharing these.
I grew up 50 miles from Oshkosh Wisconsin. Home of the EAA Air Venture annual air show. I also look back and wish I had digital back than. Seeing the SR-71 landing was a sight burned in my memory. Unfortunately didn't get the landing on film.
Thanks again.
Lucky you. I got to Oshkosh a couple of times including first in 1978 and saw the B29 flying for my first and still only time. It was my first big holiday. Queued all night for Laker Skytrain tickets and travelled on a month Greyhound ticket.

Back