DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Gear Protection? (tracking)

coldcoffee

Hi All,

thinking of adding something /like/ an apple airtag hidden in my camera bag incase it goes "walkies" I don't have an iphone so that rules out the airtag as far as I can tell? So just wondering if anybody uses a different device in their bag for android as reviews for most seem rather flaky in ref to the airtag :(

Thanks, Shelton.

Correct, no point in using an AirTag as it will not pair with a Galaxy or other phone IOS. Tile will do sorta the same thing, though now that I've used both (had a Galaxy Note previously) my experience is that the AirTag does work better. Tile will work with either system, so you can use it interchangably with no problem.

Mark

Thanks Mark, I've read alot of negative comments about the tile system which has put me off - damn you apple! :sneaky:

Thanks Mark, I've read alot of negative comments about the tile system which has put me off - damn you apple! :sneaky:
Regarding the AirTags, I can say with confidence they work great. I've used it on luggage, and I'll know well before getting it off the carousel that it made it. I also use it in my camera bags, I'll know right away if I walk any distance from the bag. What I don't like about the Apple iOS is how closed it is. I find it sometimes painful to move files on & off my phone, and iTunes is a hassle to deal with.

Mark

Back