DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Topaz Photo AI v1.2.10 update available

mcraige65

Haven't edited photos in a while, but today when I ran Photo AI it upgraded to v1.2.10. Thought I would share in case anyone else missed the update notification.

I think they are already at v1.3. My free updates stopped a few weeks ago. I will wait some time until Photo AI has the same or better results than the old Sharpen AI.

Right, and they deleted the options in the Sharpen module between Standard, Lens Blur and Motion Blur. My experience with the both the older version of Photo AI and Sharpen AI is that there are sometimes (not always) significant differences between the options. You just have to play a bit. There have also been many complaint reactions on the Topaz site.

If I use one of the Topaz modules (always as a plug-in of DxO PL6 or Capture One) then it is because the image really needs retouching AND I wanted to keep the image. So, a bit time behind the computer to play with the image is part of the fun for me (but I can imagine not for everyone..)

Back