DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Old Images from a 10D in 2004 EF 17-35/2.8 lens

Tom Caldwell

Just browsing my old files - I thought that perhaps the old 10D that I was using in 2004 with that wonderful 17-35/2.8L lens on board.

This is the open door of the Broadwater NSW Sugar Mill on a very hot and steamy dark night

IMG_2584-0311.jpg
  • Canon - Canon EOS 10D
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/30 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

This is the old slipway at Coffs Harbour on another balmy night with only harbour lighting to assist

IMG_1650-0141.jpg
  • Canon - Canon EOS 10D
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/3 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 400

This is the Endeavour Replica anchored in the outer harbour in 2009 30D + 100-400/4.5-5.6 Trombone

IMG_3301-0231.jpg
  • Canon - Canon EOS 30D
  • 235.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/250 sec
  • Spot
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

Another 10D shot from 2004 this time a B&W using the EF 85/1.2L MkI
The image is quite ordinary but one can almost write a book on the subtle meanings:

IMG_2381-0121.jpg
  • Canon - Canon EOS 10D
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.2
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 400

Here we have a convenience store that is unfortunately not convenient for what they are selling but is well lit up for the Graffiti Artist to ply his or her trade. Thereby it has become convenient for something, much more so than the language store next door with its own convenient unadorned roller shutter that has been made quite inconvenient for graffiti because it is left in the dark.

One might wonder if the Graffiti is an expression of the frustration of said artist because there was a longing to purchase a book on language to improve the quality of the graffiti? But the language store is not meant to be convenient and it is also inconveniently shut.

Graffiti translation: "woe is me I really wish I could do this better but at least I could practice at my own convenience". Tomorrow both shops will be open for convenience.

Back