DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

High Activity on m43 Form

MNE9476

I was looking down the list of forums and noticed that m43 is way up there on the number of messages. Either we are very excited about m43 or we have too much time on our hands :)

m4/3 forums always are faster moving than other forums. Same as it was on DPR. Other forums tend to get a lot more serious in their postings. I'm always on Sony and m4/3 forums and there's a big difference in the posts made ;)

All the best and just from what I see from DPR. Same will probably apply here and elsewhere.

Danny.

That's because our cameras are so much smaller and we don't have to lug all that heavy glass around - so we're more agile. I think?
As I always say, not my little Oly's . Not much changes.

DSC06402.jpg
  • SONY - NEX-7
  • E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
  • 55.0 mm
  • ƒ/9
  • 1/125 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 100

Danny.

Yikes, what is that? Is that an adapted Canon 600mm (or 1200mm) lens?
That's normal here. I don't own or use m4/3 lenses on my Oly's. That's the Canon FD 500 F/4.5L and used around for 75% of my shots, the rest is here for the Oly gear

My m4/3 gear doesn't change much in size and the last reason I buy m4/3, is for the size and weight.

Danny.

I was looking down the list of forums and noticed that m43 is way up there on the number of messages. Either we are very excited about m43 or we have too much time on our hands :)
I'd join you only if I had a Pen F. Big regret I didn't pick on up several years ago when I had a chance. Now it's next to impossible to find a new one. :ROFLMAO:

It does seem that m43 forums are generally more active than others - sometimes by a significant amount. The amount of used gear is also much higher. It definitely leads me to think that the format is alive and kicking, rather than near death as many will want to say.

It does seem that m43 forums are generally more active than others - sometimes by a significant amount. The amount of used gear is also much higher. It definitely leads me to think that the format is alive and kicking, rather than near death as many will want to say.
I live in Tokyo and I can say that there are indeed many people who shoot M43. Regrettably I'm not one of them though.:z04-menno:

Back