DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

One tree landscapes - let's see yours

For some reason I'm attracted to the third image. The bare brown hills in the background, plus the golden tones foreground and the one crooked little tree. Yes, I like that image. :)

Thanks. In my experience there is a unique look to Bosque del Apache in winter and I can often recognize shots taken there before reading anything about where it was taken.

Here's todays tree shot half an hour ago with an IR Pentax K-5 and Tamron 10-24mm plus polarizer
IRGP8169-Wandeling-10-24-triple-filter-ISO320-dt_01_v1_filtered-2023-web.jpg
  • PENTAX - PENTAX K-5
  • 10.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/40 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 320

This place looks good all year round. I have enough photos of it that I can tell you the dead branch fell off between July 9th and September 12th last year.

P4150932-P4150936-dprf.jpg
  • OM Digital Solutions - OM-5
  • LUMIX G VARIO 14-140/F3.5-5.6
  • 34.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/320 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 640

Waiting for a tiger in Panna Tiger Reserve in Madhya Pradesh, India. We eventually saw one, but I was in the rearmost car and getting a decent photo was hopeless. Luckily one other person of the group got a decent shot of it.
You might not have got a pic of the tiger, but you came away with a great image. I can picture, in my mind's eye, a tiger gliding almost undetected through that grass.

Does this count? There is more than one tree in the image but only one is prominent. And that one is a palm tree, which is technically not a tree.

A sunrise in Tucson, AZ. Hand-held panorama, Pentax K-3II, 18-135mm kit lens.
36F485C4-1F83-4C46-968C-2282BCE3C3BF.jpeg

Back