DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New ebay offer on Contax N digital

humm, it does not look too good.

The seller posted no method of payment, and stated "email first before any action, and email him to get one (of the three) for $1500."

sound fishy.

I believe the same poster had ads up about 3 months ago as well. I actually emailed him and he was a bit too "hot" to move them for my taste. Who knows, maybe it's a deal
happy.gif
)

Yeah, like he had THREE ND's??? I saw that too, and reported it to Ebay as an ID hijack. It has now been cancelled, along with the auction for 3 Contax 645 kits at the same price by the same person.
All a low price, all email off line, no payment details given (so bank transfer only) check feedback and nothing sold recently but suddenly 6 high end cameras... don't think so.

These scumbags just try to appeal to our 'bargain grabbing' instincts. Don't fall for it, if it sounds too good to be true - it is.

Yes I emailed him with...

"What method of payment do you wish?"

and got in return...

PLEASE EMAIL ME AT - - - babycontax@aol.com - - - SO I CAN ANSWER TO ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS!

No suprises there then!!
I got a warning email from ebay as well.
It's good to post these on the forum to warn us all.

Paul

When I missed the bid on my first CZ 18 attempt about a month ago, the day after I got a "you're the winner, the other party backed out" message, through the eBay messaging, but the payee e-mail was different, and "bank transfer only". It may have been my first eBay bidding thrist, but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck ... I reported it and indeed it was a hijacked ID thinghy.

Very wise and astute of you DJ, but sometimes the dreaded LUST overcomes the sensible head and you become a sucker. Hands up suckers......... what no hands ;-) Top marks to you all!

Paul

Back