DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

NAM1 Adapter Problem

coyot

Please Help! I purchased a Nam-1 adapter and it works perfectly on my N1 but on the ND it does not convey F-STOP information. All the regular N1 lenses work perfectly on the ND. Is there a compatiblity problem with the NAM-1 adapter on the ND? What a drag. Thanks for letting me know if you have an answer.

Thanks,

Michael.

Michael,
I had the same experience with my ND. As a consequence, I sent it in for repair and upon return it did the same thing. While the camera was in for repair the second time, I bought another NAM-1 adapter in case that was the problem. Shortly after getting it back from repair the second time I sold it, so, I can't tell you if it was the NAM-1 or some other problem. They had the camera for over two months the second time while they sent it to Japan, explaining to me that the repair required a clean room to make.

> Thanks for the depressing reply. I am really started to get "mad, really mad" at Kycoera. Maybe we need a class action lawsuit. They sold us on the concept of an integrated system from the 35mm film, 35 mm digital to the 645 medium format system. Then, not only does the system not "integrate" they ( a multi-billion dollar company ... Kycoera) decide to get out of the busiess. After taking my twenty grand for lenses and camera bodies since I bought into there concept of an integated system! Deceptive trade practice?

Michael.

Humm, I thought I was the only one has the problem as I use the NAM-1 frequently with heavy lenses on tripod. I thought I bended the NAM-1 contacts from the weight.

Anyway, when the f-stop information disapears, it means the contact is lost. I just turn the NAM-1 clockwise a little (with my left hand, eye looking at the viewfinder), and the problem goes away.

A bit inconvinient, but nothing is perfect. Far better than using C/Y lens on Canon body with manual focus and worry about metering IMO. I am just happy to be able to shot with my C645 lenses with the ND/N1. As far as integration concern, I have no complain. Room for improvment, sure, a lot. Hopefully, I can afford a digital back and forget about the NAM-1.

i get the same problem with some of my lenses on both the n1 and nd. and the same remedy...a slight twist applied to the lens. not too confidence inspiring, but it works fine.

The NAM-1 works fine on my N-1 but didn't work on two different NX bodies I had. I couldn't find anything in product literature or manuals about that.

Last night I again tried to "twist" the adapter on the ND and it still did not work. I twisted both the connection between the NAM-1 adapter and the camera body and the lens to the NAM-1 adapter. It just did not work. Yet on my N-1 absolutely no problem.

Does somebody have the support phone number for TOCAD?

Thanks,

Michael.

If you call the old Contax/Kyocera support number you get a new number for Tocad: 973-428-9800.

I called this number and selection 3 is for Contax cameras. I had to leave a message. It will be interesting to see how quickly they respond.

Back