DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Minimal Still Life

kgwhite

It seems like a still life should have at least two elements. This one is about as minimal as I can do. Free standing weathered shell and copper wire. Made with Sony A7ii, slightly hazy 50mm enlarging lens and helicoid extension.

Shell2_DSC2185-M1_C_SQ.jpg

It seems like a still life should have at least two elements. This one is about as minimal as I can do. Free standing weathered shell and copper wire. Made with Sony A7ii, slightly hazy 50mm enlarging lens and helicoid extension.

View attachment 2934
A minimalist still life is sometimes the most elegant means of expression. This image fits the bill quite adequately. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for your kind comment. Simplicity is something I value but seldom achieve.

I like textures and that copper shadow :good-job:. The cyan light does not quite convince me

I like textures and that copper shadow :good-job:. The cyan light does not quite convince me
Thanks for your comments.

The lighting was 2 continuous LED panel lights at 6800. The seashell fragment has subtle color. Not sure how it interacted with the lighting. Possibly the smoked glass base contributed something.

Better luck next time

Back