DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Lens Cap DisOrder

J

jeter

Last week, I purchased the metal hood and 55-86 ring to go with my new 28/f2.8 lens from B&H. I wanted to order the metal lens cap, but B&H did not have a catalog listing for it (SKU
2327503, CONTAX 99 mm Metal Slip-On Lens Cap, K-94), so I decided to try the Yashica “Store” at http://yashica.smartermall.com/default.asp. I had thought that I could surely get a cap from that store quicker than from B&H. I am regretful now that I did not ask B&H to order one for me, to wit: Not only am I now paying full list price for the lens cap (= US$35), $10 for shipping & handling (UPS Ground service), and US$3 Illinois sales tax, but I also have to wait until after November 28, which is the date on which the lens cap will be delivered to the Yashica Store! I had checked my order status on the Yashica Store web page, but the page was incomplete (not up-to-date) and was only informed of the Store’s lack of lens cap inventory when I emailed an inquiry to them this week.

Back