DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A Tale Of Woe

COYL

I bought a used a6000 last week, in excellent condition from a reputable store. in my home town. And managed to drop it out of my bag. The only damage was the battery lid, which I was still able to close. The metal behind the door is loose but it closes. I used the camera for a week afterwards with no issues. Today, the LCD is not coming on. The EVF worked initially but then stopped. Does any body have an idea what could be happening? Needless to say I will likely be taking it to the camera store where I bought it for advice. Feel very stupid.

Blame it on the bag (which is not far from the truth).

Maybe you got lucky and the impact damaged the battery... tried your spare yet? Even if that's what was damaged you likely need to get the camera to a service center. That battery door needs replacing.

Bruce

Blame it on the bag (which is not far from the truth).

Maybe you got lucky and the impact damaged the battery... tried your spare yet? Even if that's what was damaged you likely need to get the camera to a service center. That battery door needs replacing.

Bruce
Hi bruce, Thank you for your helpful advice. Spookily, the day your post arrived I received a call that my a 6000 would be too expensive to repair. I feel so annoyed with myself for dropping it. I am investing in an open box a6000 from Best Buy which has $200 off, which I think is a good deal for basically a new phone. I will be happy to start using this great phone at last! Thanks again. Dvaid

Hi bruce, Thank you for your helpful advice. Spookily, the day your post arrived I received a call that my a 6000 would be too expensive to repair. I feel so annoyed with myself for dropping it. I am investing in an open box a6000 from Best Buy which has $200 off, which I think is a good deal for basically a new phone. I will be happy to start using this great phone at last! Thanks again. Dvaid
You can sell non-working cameras on eBay for parts. I got $250 for a non-working Sony a6000, similar for a broken a6300

BTW, the a6000 is a camera, not a phone..

Back