CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Contax N Lens in Tropics

G

I am interested to purchasing the 85mm 1.4 Lens. I have heard a user saying that the lens is very prone to fungus problems due to the humidity in Asia. I am not sure whether he puts his equipment in a dry box. The fungus started after 6 months from new

A contax dealer in my country inform me that new lens has special treatment to prevent fungus.

Is this dealer correct?

Regards
Shing

G

I will be shooting a wedding soon with my N1 with the 50/1.4 and the 80/2.0 on adapter. It is in an old mission that allows no flash photography. Does anyone have any exp with the iso 800 for weddings? I usually use NC160 and NC400 but I am concerned it will be too dark.

Thanks Gavin

G

Gavin,

I regularly shoot weddings sans any flash as most churches do not allow flash photography during the ceremony (see my work in the Contax gallery under the name fotografz).

I cannot urge you enough to use a tri-pod.
I shoot all the interior shots from ISO 100 to 400 and no more. The darker, fairly contrasty interior will show noise like crazy at 800. Use a cable release also. Watch your subjects and shoot when the moment is still. I almost always manually focus in such conditions so you can shoot exactly when you want rather than waiting for the ND to focus.

G

Sorry, you are using a NI not a ND. Fuji 800 should be fine, but I still urge you to use a tri-pod.