DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Trying a mono .

This is actually really good because the composition is very powerful strong so it works for me. My HP screen looks really good with loads of BW shots so i have no complaints about the processing. It is fine. The greyness is part of what still makes it work. These things are subjective though and also we may have different views from our screens. Very good shot in my opinion. Woodland shots are not easy to get this good or at least in my experience. ( perhaps my standards are much lower :geek: )

Regards Dino26323

Hello Maranatha,

Many thanks for your permission, I made a couple of Lasso Selections around the triangle at the bottom left and top right. Used the Curves tool to bring up some contrast, Then the Clone tool upon itself using Overlay mode to bring out more contrast in smaller areas. Lastly with another Selection I blurred the distant area a bit.
View attachment 2974

Had I been there, I would have used a tripod and made two exposures one for the highlights and one for the shadows and then used a Mask to combine them.

I am well aware that one can do this with a camera setting and then let the camera merge them, sadly what you get is always bland.

Using the Mask you can get what you saw in the image the first time you looked at it. If you have Ps I will gladly do a screencast showing what I did to your image and how to use a mask.

Kind regards - J
YES interesting version. I still prefer the original but others may like your version better. The composition is outstanding to work with.

Regards Dino26323

This is actually really good because the composition is very powerful strong so it works for me. My HP screen looks really good with loads of BW shots so i have no complaints about the processing. It is fine. The greyness is part of what still makes it work. These things are subjective though and also we may have different views from our screens. Very good shot in my opinion. Woodland shots are not easy to get this good or at least in my experience. ( perhaps my standards are much lower :geek: )

Regards Dino26323
Thanks Dino for ur feedback and encouragement much appreciated,I’m starting to like playing with mono the effect is catching

Back