Contax N1 2880mm 70200mm & TLA 360 Flash Unit

Trader history for pascal (0)

pascal

Gold CI-Patron
Up for sale is a complete Contax Autofocus SLR System - Contax N1 SLR camera body with a Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 28-80mmm f3.5-5.6, Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 70-200mm f3.5-4.5 lenses as well as a TLA 360 flash unit. This is being offered as a complete SLR package and I would prefer to sell it as a package. If there are takers for individual items, I am willing to split the package up as needed as long as I can sell all items.

Contax N1 SLR: This was the top of the line Contax Autofocus SLR body and holds it’s place as one of the finest SLR’s ever built by Contax. It feels more solid than some of my Canon EOS 1-series bodies and the controls are better laid out than the Nikon F-series I have used.
Following in the lines of the Contax RTS series, the N1 has an impressive list of features including Phase Difference Detection AF, Dual Focus Control, Three Focusing Modes, Five-Point Wide Array Diagonal Auto Focus, Exposure Automatic Bracketing Control, Spot, Center-Weighted and Matrix Metering, to name a few of the features of this fully loaded SLR. Another very interesting feature of this SLR is the Focus Automatic Bracketing Control where you can set the camera to take a sequence of 3 shots at a time with the focus point slightly in front of, at the focus point, and slightly behind the focus point of the camera.

I also have a P-9 grip for the N1 that I can include with the sale for additional $$$. Please contact me if you are interested in purchasing the P-9 battery grip with this package.

Items Included with the Contax N1 SLR: Everything you see in the image below including the Contax N1 SLR, Contax instruction manual, Blank warranty card, original contax box, and contax strap (not shown in the picture). In addition, I also have the N1 instruction manual in pdf format which I can include on a CD if the buyer is interested.

Contax Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 28-80mm f3.5-5.6: Autofocus is quick and snappy and the images are very sharp at both the 28mm and 80mm focal lengths. The lens has been tested (not used) for functionality for a few test shots and the images are simply excellent.

Items included with the 28-80mm T* F3.5-5.6 Zoom: Everything you see in the picture below including lens, front and rear lens caps, blank warranty cards, instruction booklet, hood, and original box.

Contax Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 70-200mm f3.5-4.5: Another superb zoom built by Zeiss. Images are of the usual Zeiss quality and are comparable to the Canon 70-200L images – better than the canon L’s. The Zeiss glass shows the usual micro contrast that is typical of Zeiss and the images are sharp (wide open aperture) at both the 70mm and 200mm focal lengths. The lens has been tested (not used) for functionality for a few test shots and the images are simply excellent. This lens is getting to be quite hard to find now.

Items included with the 70-200mm f3.5-4.5 Zoom: Lens, front and rear caps, Contax Hood, box, and instruction booklet

Contax TLA 360 Flash Unit: This is one of the most versatile flash units ever built and is the best Contax has to offer. It has two flash heads. The main flash unit provides tilt/swivel functions and can be used for bounce flash while the smaller flash unit provides fill in flash while the main unit is used for bounce. I compare it to my Canon 580EX but with the added advantage of the secondary flash unit. The TLA 360 can be used with all Contax camera systems including the older RTS, Aria, M, G1 & G2, Contax 645, and Contax N1.

Items included with the TLA 360: Everything shown in the picture below including the flash unit, instruction manual, Contax Leather case,

More information on the Contax N1 and N-mount Carl Zeiss lenses may be found at:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Condition of the Equipment:

The 28-80mm Carl Zeiss and the 70-200mm Carl Zeiss lenses are brand new in the box. They were tested from when I purchased them at the store as I had to pick and choose the best lenses from the lot. Lenses, which were hand picked by me, are tack sharp wide open and the results are excellent.
The flash unit is also brand new in the box and has never been used.
The N1 Body was used for about 4 rolls of Fuji Reala 24 exposure Film. I would not even consider this body broken in yet. The results are simply amazing. Metering & focus is accurate and has been checked against my other user N1 body. I would rate the body in excellent/like new condition with minimal signs of wear.

They were all purchased in late 2006 which means you still have a good 2.5 + years of warranty left on them which Contax USA and Kyocera will honor. The last of the Kyocera warranties on Contax equipment run out in 2015.

Also to note, The Contax N mount lenses are currently being converted and are usable on Canon D-SLR bodies with full Autofocus and aperture control by the camera. The two lenses listed here are the next few on the list to be converted. Conversion is being performed by Conorus in Canada.

Asking Price for entire Kit: $1350

I have been watching eBay and other local sales for Contax equipment in the USA closely for the last 5 months. The average/lowest price for each item (mostly used condition, sometimes in ugly condition) I have seen are as follows. Please keep in mind the equipment listed is like new/brand new in the box with warranties.

Contax N1: $470-$535
Contax Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 (hood sells for around $40 more): $260 - $325
Contax Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 70-200mm f3.5-4.5: $450 - $600
Contax TLA 360 Flash Unit: $255 - $275

Once the conversion was successful late last year, prices of all Contax N mount lenses shot up drastically. I am still asking for the reasonable low prices listed above.

Payment and Shipping: I accept Paypal (USA & Canada), Money Order (USA only), and Cashiers check (USA Only). If using credit card for paypal, I will cover half the paypal fee (1.5%) and the buyer cover’s the other half. If paypal payment is via eCheck, I cover the $5 fee. If paying by Paypal, item will be shipped to Paypal verified address. I can ship internationally but buyer pays for the extra shipping fees. If shipping to Canada or other countries, buyer is responsible for customs and any duties imposed. Item will be shipped the day payment clears or the very next business day at the latest and a delivery confirmation/tracking number will be provided to the buyer. Items are located in Texas and local pick up is an option and would save me the trip to the post office.

If you wish to have the items shipped by faster means such as Fedex /UPS/DHL overnight/second day air, please contact me and I can find out how much it will cost to ship using a preferred carrier. Otherwise, all items will be shipped by USPS priority mail and a delivery confirmation/tracking number will be emailed to the buyer. I check my email twice daily and will respond back to any questions.

Why I am selling: need the $$$ to finance something else – so not really open to trades at this point. Although I am open to reasonable offers, please refrain from lowball offers.

pascal

Gold CI-Patron
Update:
Contax N1 & 28-80mm f3.5-5.6 are now sold.

The remaining items up for sale:
Contax Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 70-200mm f3.5-4.5: $385
Contax TLA 360 (Like new/brand new in box): $245

OR Get them both for $600.

Please keep in mind both hard to find items are like new in box. The 70-200mm f3.5-4.5 is comparable to the Canon 70-200mm, but lighter and the images are true Zeiss quality. These seldom come up for sale. Lens is sharp wide open. }If converted, you would have a 70-200mm zoom that rivals/is better than the Canon 70-200mm.
There is a typo in the ad. The 70-200 package does not include the hood.

f22

> Hello, were are your location and what's the shipping cost to germany? thanks.frank

dwa

>Pascal

I'm not surprised. 360 flash is an item every contax user should own And the 28-80 is a great travel/hiking lense with 1:2 macro. I'd not part with either

But I have to part with something. So I've offered my RTS III on the classified section of this forum.

Sell or trade. price Nego.

Dave