DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

From the top of the Zamansky Tower

In front of us on the first picture, the former buildings of the École polytechnique. Further on is the Pantheon with just in front of the church Saint-Étienne-du-Mont, the lycée Henri IV and the Clovis tower. The Eiffel and Montparnasse towers need no introduction...

DSC00685.jpg

On the second photo, you can see the business district of La Défense in the distance. The Grand Palais is a little closer to us on the right.

DSC00806.jpg

The Zamansky Tower is in the heart of the Pierre and Marie Curie Campus of Sorbonne University (of which we see a part at the bottom of Photo 1). Its top floor (90 m from the ground) offers a unique panorama on Paris which surrounds it.

I lived for half a year in Paris and did miss that tower. What a pitty...

Great views over one of my favorite cities around the world :coolphotos:

I lived for half a year in Paris and did miss that tower. What a pitty...

Great views over one of my favorite cities around the world :coolphotos:
Thank you very much Dirk. The Zamansky Tower is usually not open to the general public so it is easy not to notice it.

The top floor of the Zamansky Tower is also an ideal place to observe the roofs of the Pierre and Marie Curie Campus at its feet.

dsc00795.jpg

dsc00815.jpg
dsc00808.jpg

Back