DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Woman in Kimono

Box Man

95B51B03-6A2A-4031-A3F2-9A3875A7A577.jpeg

Traditional Wooden Tavern

Kyoto?

That would be the best guess. But as it is often uttered: close but no cigar.

The tavern was taken in Tokyo, actually, which still has dozens and dozens of places with this traditional architectural style.

You do get a consolation gift for your efforts, however. Please do play again!

My time in Tokyo was limited (in time and place) to the more modern and fast paced streets :)
This image (for me) had more of a Kyoto, Matsumoto, or Takayama feel to it ... hence the guess. But I assume such scenes can be found all over Japan :)

My time in Tokyo was limited (in time and place) to the more modern and fast paced streets :)
This image (for me) had more of a Kyoto, Matsumoto, or Takayama feel to it ... hence the guess. But I assume such scenes can be found all over Japan :)
It seems to be that you are somewhat familiar with Japan. Yes, one can find these types of buildings and districts all over Japan. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that these places are almost ubiquitous, almost.

By the way when were you here, in Japan?
Jan 2019 (so pre-covid). The Mrs went to university in Kyoto (so had a great guide/translator) :)

Wow! That’s very cool. Your Mrs seems to be a quite cultured person.
Well, we love to travel so we pick up culture... She's from Singapore lah, and given that she's fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Bahasa Malay and French, quite an asset to someone like me who likes to explore :LOL:

Well, we love to travel so we pick up culture... She's from Singapore lah, and given that she's fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Bahasa Malay and French, quite an asset to someone like me who likes to explore :LOL:
Do you deserve such a cultured cosmopolitan lady? LOL

Of course, you do!

Incredible! She’s a polyglot, too.

Back