DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Imaging Resource Times Out

I wonder if Bebop's closing of IR means no more "Outdoor Photographer" magazine; if so, that's too bad. It's the only printed photo magazine I subscribe to.

Contribution sent

Thank you for your support! :z04-whip2-1:

Imaging Resource was one of my favorite review sites, because (among other points) they were the onyl ones who introduced printed results as a determining factor. Each image was printed on a A3 printer and then visually rated. I think this is more important than pixel peeping.

Because of their recommendation, I bought at that time a Sony R1 bridge cam, a Minolta 7D and a Sony A850 (not all at once). Their reviews gave me the final push to buy it and I never regret it.

IR now redirects to Outdoor Photographer.

"
SHood wrote:
It is now redirecting to the Outdoor Photographer website. I guess this is final now.
And 25+ years of curative knowledge and information "wiped clean, by the wrath of god" or should say, man playing god.

BeBop are idiots."

And 25+ years of curative knowledge and information "wiped clean, by the wrath of god" or should say, man playing god.

I wonder why there wasn't a huge cry to preserve the Imaging Resource's vast treasure trove of data during the time it was threatened with extinction? They usually seemed to be a bit more thorough than DPReview.

Back