DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Today with your Pentax

Great walk about.
When I changed my laptop last time the screen image quality went up a few notches. The screens are great these days even mid range screens.

Regards Dino26323

I will keep my laptop for traveling, but the new computer I bought is a gaming desktop with a 27" screen. It's probably 3x larger than my little ZenBook.

It rained on us today. I took the cameras, but didn't get them out much. Here's today's catch.

Wisteria by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII Limited Silver and Pentax-K 28mm f3.5 Shift at f3.5 (accidentally forgot to stop down before exposure), 1/60s, and ISO 100

and...

Chain by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII and Pentax-M 120mm f2.8 at f5.6, 1/60s, and ISO 100

It rained on us today. I took the cameras, but didn't get them out much. Here's today's catch.

Wisteria by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII Limited Silver and Pentax-K 28mm f3.5 Shift at f3.5 (accidentally forgot to stop down before exposure), 1/60s, and ISO 100

and...

Chain by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII and Pentax-M 120mm f2.8 at f5.6, 1/60s, and ISO 100
We had tons of rain today here in uk Midlands . . but when I left work the sun came out. PHOTOGRAPHY IS ALL LUCK. 99.99% is luck. You did ok so at least you still DID NOT GIVE UP.

Regards Dino26323

At dinner time today I was sat on the grass minding my own business and then two grey squirrels came along to see who I was and if was going to give them some of my sandwich. I managed to drag the K5 out of the backpack and take some shots. At times they were TOO CLOSE FOR THIS 200MM DA* with 1.4 converter. They were i guess pretty used to people with sandwiches. FYI i did not feed them. I was too busy trying to take photos. Eventually they got bored and found someone that would feed them. A small girl and her mom coaxed them away.

Here is a shot. I turned shake reduction on because this set up is like 420mm reach really. So here today shot this squirrel at a local park dinner time.

IMGP7555-1 copy.jpg

Hope to see images here tomorrow from other Pentax users out with their cameras.

Regards
Dino26323

I have been delinquent in following this discussion thread so I'm about a week out of tune. Guests in our house as well as prepping for a short vacation in Israel left me little time for processing raws. But here's one from last week's doggie walk in the local park. As we leave tonight, I hope to have plenty time to shoot my grandson as well as the wonderful city of Haifa next week. Watch this space!

I have been delinquent in following this discussion thread so I'm about a week out of tune. Guests in our house as well as prepping for a short vacation in Israel left me little time for processing raws. But here's one from last week's doggie walk in the local park. As we leave tonight, I hope to have plenty time to shoot my grandson as well as the wonderful city of Haifa next week. Watch this space!
This is actually really beautiful. The bokeh and the framing with the background. Great one of your friend. I take a lot of shots of our dog.
Lovely. Regards Dino26323

Hello pentax shooters. These were taken yesterday with my current Street Camera set up K5 200mm DA* and 1.4 converter. . I actually have been out again Today with K1 85nn F1,4 FA* and K20 ( of all things ) and will post those later today or something. I am off out again so hope to add some better ones with the K1 later today.
So as I said these were from yesterday. Hope you enjoy some spring shots with some colour photography from my trusty K5 then here. I like them BUT that is not relevant to you so here's hoping you have not wasted your time here. I do get carried away with Spring bokeh shots so forgive me if you have seen this all done better before. Local woodlands right in the Midlands UK.

IMGP7818-1 copy.jpg

IMGP7834-1 copy.jpg

IMGP7866-1 copy.jpg

IMGP7932-1 copy.jpg

IMGP7974-1 copy.jpg

Thank yoiu for looking and hope you liked one. SPRING IS MY FAVOURITE TIME so hope you too enjoy some Spring Shooting with your Pentaxes.

Kind Regards Dino26323

Last edited:
Back