DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Ndigital review at bthe luminous landscapeb website

Good morning to all.

The fact his, Mr Strain, that this day marketing issue seem to prevail on one's from R&D department.

Look at the new Sony 828 for instance and the crop of future digicams. Lot of megapixels crapped in the tiny sensor as ever. But they had to keep printing numbers bigger and bigger ond shell of their cameras if they want to keep selling. The other day i read of a new sensor from Sharp that has 6 MP in the same 1/1.8 sensor size. Smaller fotosite than Sony 828. But the average consumer will by far prefer to buy a six megapix camera than a "good" four megapixel. All this not knowing anithing about what does really matters.

Best regards.

PS: the preview/post message recently added to this forum is really a GREAT thing; especially for people that struggle a "bit" with english. Compliments.

the LL review shows that it's not megapixels that count, but the quality of the pixels :)
After reading the review I looked if the ND was still available, and yes.. but _still_ €9000 for a kit..
sigh.. but it's just brilliant in dynamics.......

too bad the average customer only sees "mp", just as the usual company only sees "$$"...

Can someone explain to me why the ND is noisey at higher ISO's? I thought that one of the advantages of a large sensor was less noise. What am I missing?

Robert, this is just a matter of flawed firmware. I am sure that if Kodak were to write the firmware, everything would be just like on a DCS ProBack
happy.gif

If it's just a firmware issue, then the demise of the ND is really tragic. If Contax can't fix it themselves, then they should contract out the work. I realize they have a pricing problem, too, but fixing this would put a bit of luster back in the brand.

Hooray!!!

I just got my 2nd ND body. This insures that my lens set will have a digital solution into the future, even if one goes down.

Also, it probably assures that everyone here will have a new digital N soon... because every time I get a back-up, the manufacturer launches a new one shortly afterwards. : -)

All the tech issues aside, the camera still produces unique images compared to everything else out there, (I know, I own, or have shot with just about every digital camera made).

If Contax had used a couple of the images from a few of us here in their advertising, many people would have been more forgiving of the flaws in their hunger to get such results, (especially some of the work I've seen recently from Irakely).

Irakly, did you post the 2 shots in the Contax Gallery that you showed me the other day? You must do it ! Stunning !

BTW, I got the mint ND complete in box with CDs for $2,100, and it included a second split focus screen and extra batteries. It was from a local private seller whom I personally know who got it from a private seller also. People don't have the patience to learn the NDs secrets and give up for the ease of other cameras.

Hope the RAW developer for Mac becomes available soon.

Congrats, Marc! I'm still waiting for two extra battery holders I ordered from Contax NJ three weeks ago. I hope they still have them ...

DJ

Marc, I would love to post these pictures in the gallery, but it says that I am over the disk quote
sad.gif

So, edit out 2 shots or join up for $7. a month and get more space. We need to see those images !!!!!

If you can't decide, I'll edit for you ; -))))))

P.S. good luck on your trip.

Back