DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Repair

wadennis

I have run 4 rolls of film through my G1 and all of the are not exsposed. I have checked everything and yes I removed the cap but for some reason the film is not getting exsposed. I know that the address and telephone numbers for Contax USA has been posted but I can't find it. Could y'all help me out and send the address and tele to wadennis@houston.rr.com.

Thanks,

Warren

Have you checked that the shutter functions correctly by opening the back of the camera and looking at the shutter blinds when you press the release?

Thanks, no I didn't and no it is not operating at all. I don't know what I was thinking not checking that. I was so convinced that I was doing something wrong. So now what do I do. Send it where to be repaired.

Warren

Warren, I copied the following from the Contax USA web site. If you are not in the US, then there are different phone numbers and addresses. I hope this helps. -Lynn

North America Service Locations US-Service East Contax Service Dept 2301-200 Cottontail Ln. Somerset, NJ 08873 (732) 560-0060

email-cameraservice@kyocera.com

Q. If my CONTAX needs service what should I do?

A. Securely pack your product to avoid damage during shipment. Insure it for full value and send prepaid along with the following: 1. A detailed description of the problem 2. Return address with daytime telephone number 3. Photo copies of the Registration Warranty Card, and sales receipt showing the date of purchase.

Q. Are there things that are not covered by the warranty?

A. Yes.

The warranty does not cover the following:

1. Physical damage, misuse, damage caused by dirt, liquid or leakage of batteries or other causes not arising out of defects in material and / or workmanship.

2. Modifications or damage which occur from t&ering or repair by a non- authorized service station or by any individual.

3. Claims of any nature, including loss of film, other expenses, or inconvenience, and incidental and consequential damages, arising out of breach of this or any implied warranty, even though caused by negligence or other fault.

4. Sender is responsible for import duty, customs clearance fees and general expenses involved on cameras shipped to us from outside the United States.

NOTE: Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty provides specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

Any problems pertaining to your warranty service should be directed to the Service Manager for a full evaluation and fair resolution of the problem. If this procedure fails to provide adequate satisfaction, please contact:

National Service Manager 2301-200 Cottontail Ln. Somerset, NJ 08873 (732) 560-0060

Thanks Lynn,

I took the information and will email them to see if there are any approved Contax repair places in Houston. The phone book doesn't list any. At one time someone had posted a telephone number of Contax USA and a contact person that was very helpful. I wish now that I had kept that email.

Warren

I really need to get some rest. Once I read the last line of your email there was the phone number.

Thanks,

Warren

Glad to help Warren. I hope it all goes smoothly.
happy.gif
-Lynn

I have recently purchased a G1 without an instruction manual. I believe that the G1 has a custom function which allows the film leader to stay out at the end of rewind. Can anyone assist me in setting this function? Thanks for you help.

Steve

Steven,

Yes there is a custom function.

Turn the camera on.

You need to press both DRIVE and ISO buttons simultaneously for about 3 seconds.

Then press the ISO button until the left number on the display changes to 3 (this is the "remaining film at rewound" function) and use the DRIVE button to change it to 1 (End of film is left out of the cassette).

Then turn the camera off.

Cheers,
Matej

Back