DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax NDigital (ND)

>=20 >=20 >=20 > ND has no mirror lock-up that I know. If you are asking to lock the mirr= or to > clean the CCD then the function won=B9t activate unless you use the AC powe= r for > the camera, the mirror won=B9t luck even you have a fresh and fully recharg= ed > cells inside. One quick way to clean the CCD during field work that I di= d is > to turn to B shutter setting and hold it as long as you need to clean it = =AD > when you do so it is recommended to remove your memory card so you don=B9t = waste > one shot. >=20 > Brgds/Kaisern >=20 >=20 >=20

> I just took a look at www.contaxcameras.com and could not find any download area ... or any real support area for the ND. Surely, I must be > overlooking something. Would somebody kindly point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

michael.

>

mehrdad, I see that you shoot with a Fuji S2 as well. I am interested to hear your comments regarding the difference between the ND and S2 view finders. I was shooting with the N1 and the S2 today, the image size and clarity of the N1 is incredible. Is the ND viewfinder about the same as the N1? Thanks.

s2's finder is very small and dim when compared to nd or n1 as you have noticed. i recently sold a minolta diamage 7 and consider the fuji as its replacement. it is a very light camera, the quality of the images are very good and unlike the minolta and the nd, the batteries last a long time. but i can not look through that small of view finder for a long time! my eyes are used to better than that. the software is much better than contax, but it does not have a post adjustment for all images (individually) and then let the software process them. you can either apply the same adjustments to all or have to sit in from of the monitor for a very slow software to process one at a time. bibble software has support for fuji s2, may be on the second rev, it will be a good software to use with s2. i shot with both s2 and d60 and i think s2 is a better camera in that class

Hello everyone,

Has anyone been able to reach a tech support person at Contax USA? I cannot get anyone on the phone, or anyone from parts or service. I guess we're on our own, huh? Here's your camera, gimme the money...see ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

In contrast, Kodak was and is very responsive with support. A real person even called as a follow up to make sure all my questions were resolved. That's why my next digital camera will be another Kodak
product, and not a Contax no matter what they come out with next...unless Contax quickly sets in motion some real live support for their loyal customer base. I hope a Contax company person reads this forum once in a while. But I doubt it.

Hi Marc,

I am sorry to hear your bad experience with the Contax Service in the US. So far I have made only good experience in Germany.

If you don't mind, I will forward this to Contax. Maybe this will help you a little bit.

See it as a kind of service for "subscribers of Contaxinfo.com"
happy.gif

dirk

Dirk, I totally second Marc's experience with Contax service in the US. Once they serviced my AX and sent it back regular mail. Naturally, it got stolen when a mailman allegedly left it at my front door.
N Digital was a different story. I was directly told that they will not service and support my camera because it was bought outside the US, and since their salaries depend upon US sales, they do everything possible to prevent people from buying Contax overseas. I am not joking.

Dirk...
As long as you're calling Contax... ASK them where my 645 adapter is. I bought my camera in July, filled out all the stuff and still don't have the adapter OR the warranty card for my 70-300 N lens. I've complained to the store, filled out forms and still don't have either.

They blame it on the Contax rep. I've elevated it..but still nothing..

Jeff in Colorado

Hey guys,

lets get back to the topic. This is the ND thread, not the "wish list for Contax costumer support improvements"
happy.gif

Although there seems to be space for improvements...

If you have complaints about Contax costumer support, please e-mail me privately and if there is more then some rare and extreme situations, I can bind this together and find out to whom I can address this at Contax.

Dirk

Dirk, someone has to sing your praises, and it might as well be me to start it off. This is a wonderful forum, and your new picture gallery here and on your Leica site are now one of the first I go to every day. You are a steadfast supporter of the Contax brand ( and by extention the great Leica brand also).
One could only hope that Contax USA could learn from you how to keep in touch with it's customers.

I've had little to complain about Contax until buying the ND. We must remember, this is the single most expensive camera they have ever sold. The body alone costs $3,000 more than their flagship 645 full kit, including lens and prism finder (of which I have 2, plus all the lenses including the APO 350/4.).
This is no small issue to those of us who've stuck with Contax, and have invested so much of our money, and a stake in our professional reputations.

That this dedicated forum has become a lightening
rod for our frustration only speaks to the effectiveness of your forum as a place to go because quite frankly there is no other place to turn to.

Back