DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax RX Shutter error

ante_portas

Time to time I have a strange problem with RX. It repeats regulary although currently not much often.
When the last photo was made - few days ago and during next days I do not actually press the shutter release button (only exposure check button for trying and controling a scene, nevertheless FINALLY DO NOT press shutter r. button).
As soon as I finally decide to shoot and continue to photograph on the film again, in the moment I press s.r.b, then shutter (-curtain) and mirror stay *freeze* open after pressing shutter rel. button very long time (like B ) instead of correct exposure. Then I have to turn the main switch off, only than it returns back.
If I then turn the main switch on again, next shooting is OK as usual.

But film frame is spoilt by too long time exposition and the photographed moment is lost forever, of course.

Everytime was my data back always on, -maybe there should be a relation between this two facts. It was always set Av mode, too.

An error direct in System Control (CPU-A) seems me less probable, but
also possible.

If anyone had similar error or know where could be a problem, itll be real help. This error is difficult to explain in service, so reveal nothing.
Thank you, Pavel

Hi Pavel, I'm not sure your problem is the same as mine but it's pretty similar...my camera only freezes at f11 or smaller.
I have sent my camera to Yashica Germany for service.
You may wish to check the following post:
"Help: best repair service for my RX..."
Regrads,
Ricardo

Hi Pavel,
My camera arrived in Germany a week ago and they haven't contacted me back yet... I'll let you know how it goes.
Regards,
Ricardo

Hi Pavel,
Kyocera had mailed the estimate to the wrong address...
They'll have to replace something called FC UNIT ASS'Y and cost is €90 plus taxes.
Service seems very efficient.
Regards,
Ricardo

Back