DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss Biogon 21mm f2.8 Lens

Yes, try hksupplies.com and the owners name is poon, let them know i referred you (mehrdad)

I purchased my 21mm lens from YY Cheng <mail{yy.cheng@polyu.edu.hk}. He was very responsive and sent the lens out immediately. I paid thru PenPal, which cost an additional 5%, but I could use my credit card and have some extra assurance that it would get there. YY.Cheng e mailed me as to progress through out the week and a new lens in the box (never opened with intl warranty card and viewer) came in about 7 days after I ordered it. You can say I referred you (not that I get anything from it). Good luck, the results I have gotten from the lens are a very satisfying. You might also check thru e-bay, Poon and YY Cheng (who markets under a different name) have offerred the 21 mm there for a while and I think they may have some great prices on 16mm. Good Luck

Howard

Does anyone have a suggested website where I could see some s&les of pictures taken with the Biogon 21mm lens? I'm quite curious whether there is any substantial amount of barrel distortion as the result of the short focal length of the lens. I'd be quite excited about buying one if I saw photos that showed the wide field of view, but little or no distortion. Does anyone have any comments?

IS there any logic to the Zeiss lens names? Biogon, Planar, Sonnar etc? or is it just snappy marketing names?
Pardon my ignorance...

Thanks in advance for the enlightenment..

Jeff

Hopefully end of September you can view pictures of the G-21 and others at Contaxinfo.com. The photo-upload section should then be online for all Contaxinfo.com members.. I am working hard with the software-developper to get this stuff running...

dirk

Jeff Roberts,

Here's a link to a web page which explains the names of all the Contax G-lenses. It's more than just "snappy marketing", it appears.

Paul..
Thank you SO much..that was very infomative. I really appreciate the incredible expertise..
Jeff

Back