DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

DOF tables for the G-system

G

"Is there a link or site that has a nice compact DOF scale? Also how accurate with the G1 are the adjustments made in the viewfinder to account for focusing range? Basically if you are trying to use a tree (for ex&le) along the side of an image foreground, how accurate do you treat the image in the viewfinder? Do you recommend adding more or less, to capture the desired framing."

Shaun,

there is a DOF table for the G-system in feet and meter in the scan section/G-system.

Dirk

Hi,
I made two small depth of field tables for the 35mm, 45mm and 90mm lenses and printed them onto a blank Avery label sheet. They are now stuck onto the back of my G1 & G2 cameras (protected by sellotape) to give a quick guide to depth of field.

I accept that it is not as easy to use as the markings on a lens barrel, but the Contax lenses do not suit that type of guide.

Clive

About DOF tables, I made Hyperfocal tables that I printed on double-weighted paper and taped on the back of my G1 and G2.

Using the same principle, I also made DOF tables for 21, 35, 45 and 90 mm, printed on double-weighted paper, assembled back to back, and recovered with transparency tape. As a result I have 2 handy platic cards which I always keep with my equipment, and which I use when wide apertures are needed.

I can send the Excel and Word files I used + photos, if someone is interested.

Olivier.

Dear Olivier,

I would very much like to receive your tables in Word-format!!

Thanks,

Frank

Olivier wrote about printing hyperfocal/DOF tables to tape onto the Contax G2: >I can send the Excel and Word files I used + photos, if someone is >interested.

That could be really useful. I thought about making my own many times, but haven't done it so far. So please: Yes, it would give me a head start! I would appreciate if you could mail me these to: richard.torsleff@ellips-ark.se

Thanks,

Richard

Hello,

as I can only send these files to people I know the e-mail address, and as I won't have time enough to reply to many people on a one-to-one basis, I am wondering if there is a way to upload these files somewhere on the site. In that case I would update the files with a version including anglo-saxon units (at the moment they are in the metric system). Maybe Dirk could tell me if this is possible.

By the way, this is probably the wrong thread for discussing this...

Olivier.

Back