DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax G23 + Zeiss 35-70mm lens fit in the Standard Case Contax GC22?

James, The Zing case fits the G2 and 90 sonnar very well and seeing at the 35-70 is slightly shorter than that I believe you should have no problem with it.

re. The Zing case, it fits the Vario-Sonnar just fine, even fitted with a lens hood and 55mm cap.

The only combination in the G system I know it won't accommodate is the 90 *with* the hood. As noted by Almon, the 90 itself fits fine.

A nice thing in my view about the Zing case, especially once it gets a bit rough looking with extended use, is that your jewel-like G looks very ordinary inside, a bit like a supermodel wearing a ratty raincoat. All presuming you're not hung up on appearances, of course!

--Rick

Almon C. Dao was so kind as to inform me of the Zing Case for the G2 + 35-70Vario lense. He also sent us the link as to whereabouts we could get this case.
I now looked into this, and found the case to be quite reasonably priced, at 29,95 USD. But the problem for us Europeans is, that we have to pay between 26,25 and 36,25 (depending on delivery service) for the postage , and then I have to pay 20% purchase tax of the total sum of price + postage, which brings me up to 63,84 USD with surface mail.
Does anyone know of a European Distributor for the Zing Cases?
Thanks and regards from Vienna, Austria.

Dear Hans,
Speed Graphic in the UK sell the Zing Cases. Their URL is www.speedgraphic.co.uk I bought a Zing case from them last year for my Aria.It alsao fits my RX bit I cannot remember which model it was.
Hope this helps.
John

Hello. I am new to the list. I realize that this started out as a lens thread, but I did have a question about the Zing case. I have a very compact canvas case for the whole kit, but would like something to protect just a body/one lens combination. Which Zing product serves such a purpose for the G2? In the Zing literature they only recommend a pouch with flap for the G2 and an actual case for the G1.

Thanks, Larry

I have been using a 45mm F2.0 witht he G-2 and the pics are just the best-better that Leica
cant bel. the color and contrast -using Kodak Gold
print film-
just shot roll of Fuji 800 print we will see!
larry

Lary - Welcome to the forum. Glad you like your G2. IMHO it is one of the finest cameras made. I have used over 40 cameras of various brands and formats in my 50+ years in photography and the G2 is my favorite.

Remember - there are not stupid questions, so don't be afraid to ask. There are a lot of good people in this forum with a lot of experience.

Jim Slater

Back