DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A7III rebuilding database file????

ski542002

Weird issue with my 3 year old A7III. Shooting raw, card to card backup for redundancy.

End of day. Turned A7III back on to check image count and on-screen it said something (can't remember exactly). Rebuilding image database. Hit the replay button and nothing on either card!! I should've written the message down when it happened but I was so flustered and terrified that I lost 400 images (on both cards) I didn't.

Was hoping that the data was still on the cards even though the camera said nothing there. Sue enough. Got home, used card reader to copy data to Mac, and both cards had good data. Any idea what could cause this? After backing up data on my Mac, I reformatted cards, ran a huge-burst test and of course now everything functions normally.

thanks in-advance for any comments.

Weird issue with my 3 year old A7III. Shooting raw, card to card backup for redundancy.

End of day. Turned A7III back on to check image count and on-screen it said something (can't remember exactly). Rebuilding image database. Hit the replay button and nothing on either card!! I should've written the message down when it happened but I was so flustered and terrified that I lost 400 images (on both cards) I didn't.

Was hoping that the data was still on the cards even though the camera said nothing there. Sue enough. Got home, used card reader to copy data to Mac, and both cards had good data. Any idea what could cause this? After backing up data on my Mac, I reformatted cards, ran a huge-burst test and of course now everything functions normally.

thanks in-advance for any comments.
Something like this?

I've had that message a few times now. With me it happens if I swap an SD card from one camera body to another, it rebuilds the database. BTW, Olympus does the same thing. Haven't had it happen any other time, just swapping cards from one body to another even within the same brand sometimes. Not in your situation though.

Danny.

Yeah since then it’s been fine, but like I feel can I trust it again for future projects?

In any event, that camera body that has served me well for three years is now in for a partial trade on my soon to be purchased A7RV (this Friday).

Can’t wait!

A7RV, nice. The 60mp sensors are just beautiful for results. Congrats and enjoy.

Danny.

Back