DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Peter Forsgård no longer OMD ambassador

Peter was a "visionary." There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind those decisions. Robin Wong is no longer an ambassador either. I learned a lot from both of those guys.

I watched this Robin video last night . EM-1 ii vs E-M5 iii

When talking about the build of the EM-1 ii he said "it feels solid ... the body is made of magnesium alloy ... you can use the EM-1ii and bash open the skull of that youtube full-frame comment troll" I almost peed my pants ... lol

Yes, saw it too. He says that will still use his OM cameras for photography, but needs something else for video as that's now predominantly what his business is. I guess in an indirect way that says something about his view of OM's video capability.

In his video he said that his contract ran out and between them they simply decided not to renew. He hasn't soured on OMD and will continue to use for stills but it sounds like he's getting more into video.

In his video he said that his contract ran out and between them they simply decided not to renew. He hasn't soured on OMD and will continue to use for stills but it sounds like he's getting more into video.
It wasn't clear to me as to whether OM decided not to renew or whether Peter decided. But it sounded amicable from his description.

Yes, saw it too. He says that will still use his OM cameras for photography, but needs something else for video as that's now predominantly what his business is. I guess in an indirect way that says something about his view of OM's video capability.
Contractually, nothing prevents him from using other brands and many brand ambassaders do. He is not a cinematographer by any stretch. As the market shrinks he might open his reviews to all brands and gear rather than limit to one. If it were a simple case of "I need more video tools built in" then a GH6 behind his many m43 lenses would suffice. He seems poised to go in a different direction. I don't think he brings anything new to the creators Sony, Panasonic and Canon already have.

Back