DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

first data

nickser

Hi Folks,

For a (pre)view of whats on offer, have a look at:

http://www.contaxcameras.co.uk

Some will be happy, some will be sad.

Paul
happy.gif

o.k., the official NDA is til tomorrow, but since it is already on the Contax site, we can post it also in the forum.

Contax will announce 2 digital P&S on the photokina. The Contax u4R and the Contax i4R.

Both have 4 MP, both have the second generation Rtune processor, which speeds the AF and the shooting range up compared to the SL300R.

The Contax u4R has a Zoom 5.8-17.4 which equals 38-115mm. Zeiss lens of course.

The Contax i4R has a fixed lens of 6.5, which is 39mm in analogue measures. The design of both is more stylish than the Contax SL300R.

We will have the Contax u4R as the limited edition which was originally intended with the Contax SL300R.

Please understand that we can not disclose any more information currently regarding any further Contax products which may or may not be in the pipeline.

> What a disappointment. Looks like Contax is avoiding developing new equipmenbt for the Pro or Advanced Ametuer Market..

Very disappointing.

Michael.

I think that there is more coming. The new point and shoots do not match the photo puzzle pieces which were shown on the website. Have to withold judgement until tomorrow.

Cheers

Cool - I will get one of the Contax Forum limited editions - I'm glad they waited for this model instead of the SL300R, which I would not have gone for. But I really hope Contax hasn't been reduced to an Expensive Novelty Camera brand in the digital age.

DJ
Still hoping ...

Mark,

The puzzle pieces are for Zeiss, not Contax, and the puzzle appears to be a Zeiss film rangefinder as far as anybody can guess so far.

here is a fist photo of an u4R on the photokina. We will upload over the next days more images...

It is available in 3 colours: black, indigo and camel. We will post more details about the camera and its improvement over the Conntax SL300R soon...

288013.jpg

Hi Contaxians (those that are still here),
I too was disappointed with Photokina after the exciting build-up and expectation of a new DSLR.
I will get a u4R though, to stick in my vest pocket when out cycling, I almost purchased the SL300R, glad I hung on. Anyone know when this handy item will be available in the UK ?.
Regards,
Gordon.

Hi Dirk,

What news on the Contaxinfo Special Edition U4R? Is it available now? Will it be available? If so When and Where and How much? I'm not asking too many questions, am I?

Regards,

Paul

Back