DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Can 645 with MP1 be effectively mounted onto the tripod

Thanks for everybody's advise. After evaluating the pros and cons, I think it is better if I just get the P-8 power pack. Marc made a very good point and that is with the MP-1, the C645 is no longer a portable MF system and lugging it around in the field would become far too exhausting. For the additional weight, I'd rather bring along an extra lens instead.

Gary,

I am sorry if the information is not what you are looking for.

Here is the link to "The Really Right Stuff". They have some true L-brackets:

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/

From what I have seen from the B&H site, Custom Bracket offers two rotating brackets for 35mm and medium format cameras. All the Custom Bracket require a customized quick release plate. They made one for Contax (model CC).

It apprears to me that rotating bracket is more friendly than the L-Bracket.

Anyone use a studio stand on wheel with C645.

I saw a Fuba Studio Stand (a huge one) on wheels at Calumet. They are very expensive around 800.00 for a small one. I wonder if anyone had experience with them in studio. Are they worth the money?????

Thanks.

Steve}

Steve, those type stands are the best and most practical form of "studio tripod" out there. There are two different type center columns: round and triangular. The triangular ones are preferred by the Pros that I know because they are more stable.

I don't have one myself, but wish I had bought one instead of my big Gitzo. A studio stand allows you to go really low, shoot straight down and takes up less space. They are quite expensive, but worth it IMO. Be sure to get the quick locking roller base.

Steve,

I also use Studio Stand for the 645 and 4x5. I love it. It allows quick setup and mobility. I don't own one myself but I recommand get a better one if you decide to make a purchase. I like the one that has single action lock. The cheaper model has 3 hand crank lock, one on each spoke in the base which do not work very well (for 4x5 at least.)

I have been looking for a cheap/short one locally for over two years but no luck.

Albert & Mark:

Thank you for your comments.

Smallest single action lock type of studio stands are around $3000.00 and huge; I saw one made by Fuba at Calumet Phtographic in Chicago. I don't think I need one that big. Have you seen smaller and cheeper ones???

I am thinking about one on Adorama's website by Bogen - Manfrotto Mini Static Camera Stand 5.75' for $399.00; more in my budget.
http://www.adorama.com/BG0800.html
What bothers me about this model is min height is 36 inches and does not seem to have a cross arm like the other ones; and weights only 35lbs.

Next size up is:
http://www.adorama.com/BG0816.html
Bogen - Manfrotto Mini Salon 190 Camera Stand w/counter-balanced Crossarm and T-Base, max. height: 5 ft 11" #0816 / FF0806
for $649.00. I saw this model at a stuio in a mall with a digital camera.

Is it necessary(or when is it necessary) to lock the wheels. I am using a Electronic cable release to minimize movements.
I will be using the studio stand with C-645 and polaroid camera for passport photos.

Do you think I will need to lock the wheels to take family portraits?????

Also, which ballhead and plate did you guys like the best????

Thanks.
Regards.
Steve

Steve
I use a heavy studio stand on wheels (Russian),takes 2 cameras and can go to just above floof level in 1 second.Not so expensive (about £150) but was 5 years ago. I got from Mr Cad of Croydon England.Had to search country to find.
Chris

Christopher:
I would like more info on your Russian Studio Stand and the Vendor.
Please advise e-mail or telephone number of the vendor.
Also, the manufacturer and model number please.
Regards.

Steve

Steve
Studio stand was from Mr Cad tel
sad.gif
UK) 02086848282 e-mail sales@mrcad.co.uk. Regret no name on it.Is heavy as there is a lump of russian granite in central chrome column acting as balance with whole thing being on wheels.I put together and has worked great for over 5 years.Not sure where you are but Good luck!

Back