CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Contax TVS II metering

brukk

hi,
I have just bought a TVS II.
Next week I'll go to Red Sea for holidays and I don't' have time to get used with the metering system.

Can Someone indicate me some rules of thumb to expose properly on a white beach?
Do I need to over-expose with TVS II?
I normally use Velvia (80%) and Agfa Ultra 100 (20%).

Many thanks,
Andrea

swoolf

You can always use the sea to meter off , but do be VERY careful that you arent gettng any bright reflections to put the meter off its stride - personally I wouldnt use Velvia [depending on what you are going to shoot] its too contrasty for those bright conditions . Not sure what exp. controls the TVS has , but I expect exp. lock and a small grey card would be very useful! Steve

pkipnis

I have often shot at Eilat and caution that there is a high degree of UV this time of year that can effect your meter. Use a gray card and bracket 1/2 to 1 stop down with negative film.

dhr001

Hi. I'll be photographing outdoor night markets in Asia with my T3 for a magazine article. I'd be interested in comments - my current favourite is Agfa Ultra 100 for great colour saturation. But I think I may need a faster film. Thanks
David