DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A7RV with Flashpoint speed lights/ strobes?

ski542002

Hello:
I enjoy using and have numerous Flashpoint strobes, both on-camera & wireless. Currently shoot with A73 & A7r3. Taking delivery of an A7rV in the next 2 weeks. Anyone have any experience (good or bad) using the strobes with the new V? My only complaint is with the hotshoe versions of the strobes and their subpar build quality, especially the hot-shoe connection (I’ve replaced 4-5 shoes over the years.) When I used to shoot Canon, over 20 years I NEVER had a hot-shoe mount fail.

I am using the Godox V1, which is the same make as your Flashpoint, in the UK. Like you I was disappointed in the hot shoe connection to the camera body, being plastic it jammed on occasions and was not a smooth fit, so I changed it for a metal foot from Amazon :-

Godox V1S V860IIIS Hot Shoe Mounting Foot, Flash Accessories for Godox V1-S V860III-S Camera Speedlite Repair Parts (Metal Version)​

The fit is very smooth and feels more secure, the actual removal of the old unit and the new metal one is simple and straight forward. It's on YouTube

THANKS for the reply! I do have one plastic replacement left, but did just order two metal versions to cover the next OEM fail! I assume the V1-s performs well on the A7RV?

Last edited:
I am using the Godox V1, which is the same make as your Flashpoint, in the UK. Like you I was disappointed in the hot shoe connection to the camera body, being plastic it jammed on occasions and was not a smooth fit, so I changed it for a metal foot from Amazon :-

Godox V1S V860IIIS Hot Shoe Mounting Foot, Flash Accessories for Godox V1-S V860III-S Camera Speedlite Repair Parts (Metal Version)​

The fit is very smooth and feels more secure, the actual removal of the old unit and the new metal one is simple and straight forward. It's on YouTube
Just read this and thanks for posting. Good suggestion!

Bob

Back