DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Just joined!

CroydonMan

Hello All,
Just joined this forum yesterday and have already had a good look round and discovered a few new things.
I've used Contax equipment since the late 1980s, starting with a 139. That was soon followed by an RTS - what a lovely camera that is! - next came the RTS III - truly superb! and last the AX.
Lenses acquired over the years: 50mm 1.4 & 1.7, 28 2.8, 35 2.8, 100 3.5, 70-210. Then I stopped buying!
I kept all that equipment and, I'm sorry to say it languished in a number of camera bags for some time. Two years back I bought a Fuji S5 pro, thinking -erroneously- that I could use the Zeiss lenses with it (via an adapter). Then last year that was sold off and I acquired a second hand Canon Eos 1Ds Mark II which does, of course, accept Zeiss Contax lenses given the right adapter.
So, to cut a long story short, I'm now using Contax lenses again. What's more I've acquired a 35-135 which is rather a nice lens (this one though has terrible zoom creep!) and am awaiting the arrival today of a 300mm f4.
Fun times are back once more - I can shoot to my heart's content with those wonderful Zeiss lenses.
Hope that hasn't bored you rigid!
Phil

Back