DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss N 85 mm f14

G

Does anyone have experience with this lens?
And compared with the N - 100 mm f2.8 ...?

Interested to know the optical quality compared to C/Y mount 85mm f1.2 and 85mm f1.4?.

For a fixed focal length lens with total new design, Zeiss should be able to put the very best on it as similar to 645 series lenses.

same question with Herbert Borowski, by comparing with these 2 lens (not on the MTF) hows the color, sharpness difference?

Does it make a different on a Sonar and a Planar lens?

Is the Planar 85mm F1.4 for N using USM for focusing? I have found that the focusing is very noisy, totally different from my 50mm F1.4 and 24-85mm F3.5-4.5.

Thanks & regards,

Terry Sham

I have same exprience about AF Noise. Sound like Nikon AF. Almost 85/1.4 is same?

Thanks & Regards

Baek Seungchul

It seems the N85 f1.4 has better sharpness at close focusing distance. But the old 85 f1.4 has better edge sharpness at infinity.

Back