DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

M Series lense wanted

mattinasi

I recently picked up a nice M-1 and I'd like to find an M-series lens to go with it. If anyone has one that they would be willing to sell, please let me know. I'll take any focal length but prefer a 50mm, 55mm, or 100mm

Thanks,
- marc

Hi friend and congratulations,
happy.gif

You are referring at M-1 by Olympus, I guess; if so, I know it is a great piece for collector.
It was the same/early OM-1 at first introduced on the market as M-1; but since "M" was already a sign claimed by Leica, they had quickly to change it into "OM".
Hard to find M-Lenses separately; yet M-1 series, though collector-pieces, do not sell by too high prices: I know a couple of guys who bought M-1 by EUR 400-700, here in Italy.
I'll have a touch with them
talker.gif
, asking about lenses; later yet.
Greetings.

Thank you for checking. My M-1 is out to Camtech for a cleaning and calibration, but I would love to find an original M-series lens to go with it. I have now a very very early OM-series 50mm 1.4 from my very first OM-1, pre-MD purchased in 1974. It is a great lens and has been in my hands for 30 years! But the M-Series lens would compliment my small collection nicely. Thanks again!

Ciao,
- marc

Back