DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

R9 built in Germany or not Anyone know

Mr Pelikan,
If you prefer Konica, please use Konica.
Many producer now use Leica M gear, they take advantage for decades of Leica work.
So, brand unknown like Cosina whose products are non professional, now usethe same gear of Leica to sell its product.
But in Leica price you find also work and Knowhow of decades.
You can repair Leica M of thirty years ago, but you can say the same for Konica? and for Cosina?
And you will fix a Cosina/Konica camera tha you have bougth today in the next thirty years?
In Leica Camera you pay also eighty years of good products, lens and camera.
I think that in this way Leica factory will be forced to make bads cameras, or will close.
So, if you are one of the clevers that believes what convene theyself, ok. Buy Cosina/Konica.
In Italy we call they "people that want but can't".
Best Regards
Pietro C. Bonaccorsi

Hey, I use CV lenses on my M6 and couldn't be happier with the quality. Frankly, I don't like how you berate the guy for his lens choice. At the moment its hard for me to afford Leica glass and besides, even if I could, I wouldn't use them. I'm in Baghdad and the crap around here would destroy them. In fact, I need to order a new CV 15mm f/4.5 tomorrow. The dust here has scratched the lens all to hell.

Hey, I use CV lenses on my M6 and couldn't be happier with the quality. Frankly, I don't like how you berate the guy for his lens choice. At the moment its hard for me to afford Leica glass and besides, even if I could, I wouldn't use them. I'm in Baghdad and the crap around here would destroy them. In fact, I need to order a new CV 15mm f/4.5 tomorrow. The dust here has scratched the lens all to hell.

Hi Pelikan,
Do we censure Leica for being profit oriented, as every other company? Doesn't everyone concern themselves with marketing and profits? What drives the price of Leica up is the small volume as well as quality. There has to be consumers that buy Leica for them to stay in business.
In the '60's, I bought a Pentax new for $109. I bought a Leica IIIa w/50 3.5 Elmar for $39. SM Leicas were not selling and dealers reflected this in their prices.
If you are satisfied with the Konica, handling, photo capability, etc; then obviously you would see no value in going Leica.
I don't need to defend Leica quality just because I purchased it.
Marketing. Have you ever flown with a $39 ticket seated next to someone who paid $300? That's marketing.
Best wishes in your photography with whatever you use.

Back