DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

RE first impressions

G

This was the entry level R-model for new Leica buyers. Basically a modern version at that time for the former R4s. Both have only the setting M and Av, no Program or Tv mode.

Since I almost never use P and Tv, a worthwile alternative to the more expensive R5 or R7.

dirk

You're absolutely right, Dirk.
I bought my RE new years ago and it still works very well. Like you I don'r really miss the P and T programmes.

Hans

I traded my M2 for an RE at a tradeshow the reason so I can do multiple exposures on 1 frame. I use a 90mm, 2.8 Elmarit-R lens for somewhat things at a distance. I use my iiif with 50mm, f/2 Summicron for subjects that equates to my human eye. I sort of miss my M2. I wish there was a way that Leica could design for rangefinders a baseplate with a button on bottom to do multiple exposures just like on R-series.

I traded my M2 for an RE at a tradeshow the reason so I can do multiple exposures on 1 frame. I use a 90mm, 2.8 Elmarit-R lens for somewhat things at a distance. I use my iiif with 50mm, f/2 Summicron for subjects that equates to my human eye. I sort of miss my M2. I wish there was a way that Leica could design for rangefinders a baseplate with a button on bottom to do multiple exposures just like on R-series.

Back