DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

R4s

I received my first Leica, an R4s with a 35mm/2,8. Is there anyone who can help me with an instruction/users manual. I prefer one in English or Dutch.
Can anyone post me a link or a pdf.-file.
Thanks
Marc

[Mark,

You could try Old Timer Cameras www.oldtimercameras.com. I have had a few from them in the past and they have been very good. The main thing I found with the R4s, which you have probably found out, is that the meter is not coupled in manual mode so you have to use the readout in the viewfinder and then take the camera away from your eye to set the shutter speed. No great, but you do get used to it particularly once you see the results of the 35mm F2.8 - fantastic in dull conditions on Ilford Delta 100.

Hope you enjoy the camera. You'll find yourself going into a whole new world of photography.

Regards

Chris]

Back