DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Battery Pack

kanan

I like to use Battery pack, what will be the best battery configuration (Amp, Volt Etc.)
can I use 1.2 Volt, 1800ma battey???
Any Suggestion???

I finally bought the newly launched Nikon F75. I have tried to understand the functions through the manual but I have been totally unable to do so, it's a pity that such an advanced camera I am being forced to use like a regular ''point n shoot'' camera, I find the manual good for people who are already familiar with the term and similar features in the past, but for a first timer the manual is literally Greek. I expect someone to help me on this else the camera will be wasted.

Want to sell it? Which lens do you have, did you buy it with bill and = Indian warranty, and where in India are you based? I am in India too.

[Anupam] I am based in Manila - Philippines, My F-75 is not even a month old yet, and just a roll shot, yes I have the international warranty, but I don't think I would like to sell it so fast.

[Anupam] now there are so many film rolls available in store, I bought this KODAK pro-image 100 because the studio guy said that this is what they use, so with that I am trying to shoot with a tripod the subject is my 6 months old daughter. For some reason there is delay in the clicker, I press the clicker and the shutter releases after a lag of a second maybe, by then my daughter has turned already. It is possible that this is because of the low speed of the film, but I bought ASA100 because I read in the forums that it gives more depth and sharpness to the picture compared to the faster films. Looks like in my case It will not work, hence I will go back to versatile 400 next time. Also I find it very clumsy and uncomfortable to shoot on a tripod.

Anupam:

1. Which lens are you using? I think the problem lies there.=20 2. If you can get Fuji Reala 200, it should be OK. ASA 400 is cool for = flash photos, but can produce grainy enlargements.

This is a good camera. You should be able to produce great pictures once = you get the hang of it.=20

HTH Deepak

[Anupam] Thanks Deepak. I am using Nikon AF 28-80 lens, I am just a home user and I don't want to make it very complicated so I am not going to accumulate any more lenses and rather try to perfect my abilities of picture taking and try around with different films

With your present lens, your chances are best if you shoot between 35 = and 50 mm.

Back