CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Date and hour on SD10

plierouge

Hello folks!

I bought a SD10 a few months ago and I am very satisfied with IQ. One thing though has been bugging me... Each time I remove the batteries, the date and hour reset to 00:00, January 1st 2001. I almost always forget to update the info and my pictures are obviously not at the correct date and hour... Is there a small battery inside I need to change?

Thanks!

Sébastien

tc95

sebastien.....that I know of there is not an internal battery on this camera...

Here is the instruction manual for you just in case....
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

When I had my SD10...I noticed this when the batteries were going dead...I used Nimh batteries...when they were dead...(will not hold a charge or going dead) this would happen...I would get your self..a new set-of batteries..and see if that solves the problem...

If it does not..I would suspect that there is a cap...(capacitor) inside the camera that probably has gone bad...I thought they might use the flash's cap...but if your flash fires off fine...there must be another one somewhere...

I know this is not what you wanted...but I hope it helps...

Tony C ....:z04_cowboy:

Ille

Please, Log in or Register to view quote content!
I don't remember of a small battery inside the SD10, and I do experience the same problem. The only solution I did found was to use the sd10 at least once a week, and verify the date and hour once a month. But I had a lot of other problems with my sd10, all power related ( SD10 unable to take more than 20 pics with a brand new just charged NiMh battery set, power drain when camera was off, and so on )

Tony, you forget that on the SD10, there is no flash at all!

Honza

Sd14

I have the same problem with my SD14. If I insert the charged battery after about 1hour charging, I have to set Date and Time.
Sometimes I have a problem to switch the camera on. I have to remove the battery pack and insert it back into camera. It helps.

Does anybody know the reason?

Thanks Honza