DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Case for M

G

I try to find a nice old looking leather case for my M6. Any suggestion?

Eric

Will the M6TTL fit in the older M3 case ? I understand the body is 2mm taller than the classic M6, however, will the bottom half fit? Is the tripod mount in the same position?

Norman,

The dial on the back of the M6TTL is the problem?

Justin.

> There are several M3 and M2 cases. Mine has a very high top to fit a body with meter attached, so the slightly taller M6TTLs or M7s wouldn't be a problem. Strap is fixed at the side of the case so no probs there. Some old cases have the 3/8" instead of the 1/4" bush, but you can buy a cheap adapter. There may be some pix of cases on EBAY which may help.

David,

You have overlooked the problem in the post above yours.

Justin

> You mean the dial on the back? I would think the camera would still fit (the M6 dial is no fatter than an M3), you just wouldn't be able to adjust it. But you can't with a standard ERC for the M6 either. The alternative is a handmade case: find a leather craftsman, check out www.kameraleder.com or Italian Luigi Crescenzi (I think that's the correct spelling).

Thanks for your input, I guess the best way to find out is to try it! I'll search around ebay and find one and get back to you with the results. Thanks. Norm

I bought an old M3 case and modified it for the M7. You have to cut a hole in the back of the leather for the ISO/exposure compensation dial.

The case also looked like it was designed for a M3 version without lugs or with recessed lugs, so it's a bit of a tight fit.

The case was $5 in the junk bin at a camera show. Genuine Leica with the logo. Quite a find if you ask me!

Karen

Karen,

For $5 you surely can't lose! Congrats.

For salivation value... look for one of Luigi's cases on Ebay. He has them specifically designed for M series cameras (and others, of course!) and they are absolutely beautiful.

They're NOT inexpensive but neither was your M6.

Cheers

an old post i know however i am bored...

i just got a half leather case from luigi - thought it was a little expensive but it fits so well and you hardly notice your camera is in a case!

highly recommended - he does dial cutouts too - mine is a perfect fit for the MP.

Vishal

PS. has anyone can experience of using his 'delux' straps?'

Back