DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Digilux 2

Jim,
I think those pictures are excellent. They could persuade me... Dealers don't seem to know much about the Digilux 2 here in the UK yet. The concept appeals though to me. Pity the words are in German and I couldn't find how to translate them. Shame on me for not speaking it.
Cheers,
John

Yes I think I might but I'd expect to keep it for some time and not treat it as a disposable to be updated in 6 months time (!)
wink.gif
Digital is very expensive compared to traditional film cameras.
John

I actually got to play with it before xmas at a store in NJ. It looks like a M6; nice feel and an interesting electronic viewfinder. Haven't seen any photographs from it though. I understand they'll be available sometime this month.

Jon,
I thought that the D2 had a useable optical viewfinder which was one of the things which appealed to me about it, like a real camera. I don't know if it is accurate though. Most digital cameras seems to have inaccurate ones. When you refer to an electronic viewfinder, do you mean the LCD screen?
John

Hello John,
May I jump in to say that the D2 uses an LCD screen in the viewfinder just like my Nikon 5700, and the D2 also has the LCD screen on the back like most digital cameras.

It's just like using an SLR; You see 100 percent of what your picture will be. You just can't manual focus like an SLR. I often forget I'm looking at an LCD on the Nikon until the image freezes for a second when I press the shutter button.

Hope this helps,
...Jim

Wanna point out the EVF will rarely be fast responding enough to allow catching the decisive moment, nor fine enough to allow you to check the facial expression for smaller than head-shoulder portrait type of photography. So I will rather its equiped with an optical finder with zero delay and better contrast, resolutions to allow faster capture of the desired moment.

Back