Delivery date Contax TVSD

G

HI People,

Does someone know the delivery date in Europe of the CONTAX TVS DIGITAL ????

Best regards

G

[Yes, from a UK dealer promoting that he is selling this camera ‘he confirms ’ from Contax that it is expected in store from mid January. Therefore I guess sometime first quarter.

Having seen the camera in some detail on the DPReview.com pages it looks pretty exciting; I think it is the T* lens and build that could make it a winner for me. However of course this is only one element of the digital jigsaw and we shall see how Kyocera’s experience in churning out the ‘S’ series enable this camera to perform. Similar spec can be found in the S5, but ofcourse not the lens. Personally the Konica 500 looks interesting in this group, with a Hexanon lens.

I hope this is informative.

James ]

G

thanks James for your interesting info.

My wishes ((near future: black body tvs digital with a 28-90 focal lens .)

Technicannly is not impossible !

regards

mfo

G

[Picking up on lens clarity/sharpness in the N digital forum, the fact that it is going to have a T* lens should make this model a very exceptional performer, add into this the experience Kyocera now has in the S series and I hope (!) that they will turn out a very exciting and high quality compact digital – and yes something Leica has failed to do (it’s a brick). Let see now when it is coming out!]

G

As a designer, I would also like to see the TVS with a 28-90 lens. 35 is just not wide enough for any interior shots, while my primary reason for getting a digital camera is so I can have something to carry with me at all times, it would be nice to document some of my designs and I'm afraid the 35 lens is not going to work for me.

Unfortunately, as a designer, the Contax is the first digital camera that I have liked the looks of. So I may sacrifice the interior shots if the image quality of the camera is good enough.