CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Differences in SL66 SL66 E SL66 SE and SL X

attila1001

Hello,
I am planning to buy an SL66 set and would like to know about the main differences of the SL bodies. I don't mean features, but reliability of them (considering the age of the SL 66, for ex&le), how user friendly they are, are there major changes through the line, ect.
I would use it only indoor, with handheld metering, on tripod (I have my Mamiya 6 RF for point-and-shoot photography).
Is it woth to buy a newer model ever I do not use the metering features, for ex&le?

Thanks, Attila

p.s. I am interested in the differences of the "RolleiMade RFT", the "Zeiss", Zeiss T *", ect. I have started a new thread in the lense section on that matter.

mcp

Hi Attila (hi again :))

the best information about Rollei 66 would have been rolleiclub.com. It's offline now but you can check

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Just go back to

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

if you want to know anything about Rolleiflex 66, lenses etc. It's magic, is'nt it? :)

Bye
Martin (the one with the defective M6 :))

attila1001

Small world, isn't it :eek:)

Thanks for the info, I will study those pages. However, I would be glag to read some personal oppinions as well.

Thanks, Attila

p.s. I will reply to your massage on the Mamiya6 shortly.

mcp

Hi again (I have lots of time because I have a broken leg :)

I never owned a 66SL. I had 6008i with a bunch of lenses but never shooted seriously with it because it was so heavy and hard to shoot handheld (which I prefer). I then switched to Hasselblad (three bodies, two jams), then to Mamyia 6. And I'm happy with this system: light, very small (compared to other systems) and supersharp.

I do not know much about Rollei 66 but you should be careful not to get a pro's camera (that's what I have been advised). For my style it's too heavy, too.

Bye
Martin