DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Canon FD mount....??

Bustoner

Hi all,

I'm fresh on this Forum, I'm from Italy, so sometime sorry my english.

I have many lenses of my old Canon AE1, and I wish somebody tell me ...yes, an adapter already exist.

If not, soon I will prepare one by my self

Bustonèr

why an admin cancel my 2nd post? don't understand

Nobody with my same idea for try making this FD mount

Bustoner.....if you have the chance to make one for Minolta MC/MD mount...like we discussed at SigmaCumLaude.....let me know...

Tony C.

Bustoner....I found this link....Changing Sigma SA to Canon FD...which discusses how to change the SA mount to fit Canon FD....so this probably would work...in reverse too...I would find a cheap SA mount lens....and a Cheap FD mount lens...and play with it....

Good Luck...

Tony C.

Hi

there are lenses with which it does work. One of our german moderators (andreas_f) in our German Sigma forum has done this. He uses the Canon 5D MK II and i think it is the Sigma Makro lens.

But the question is, whether this is worth the effort and with which lens you really want to do this.

I find it frankly a lot simpler just to obtain a bargain price on a Sigma lens with canon mount at ebay. Price difference will be small if you have to pay someone to do it for you and you do not risk to destroy anything on an expensive lens ;)

Best wishes

Sorry again Dirk, and Tony too, I read only now your replys.

Tony, thanks for the links, the first you post maybe wrong, I try to find the "Changing Sigma SA to Canon FD" ....can't find it, when I open is saying "Using Sigma SA lens on Canon EOS camera".

Maybe I was not describe as well, I like to know if a Canon FD lens can fit on the SD14, modifing the Sigma mount or the lens mount.

I wish I can make a good work like Jerry and Luis made.

Bustoner...No the link is right...they are taking Sigma SA mount lenses...and converting them to Canon FD mounts....with a little soudering..if they can do this...why not do the opposite..??

Take a Canon FD mount lens...and a Sigma SA mount...and put it on the lens....I don't know if this would work...at all...but that is why I said to purchase two cheap lenses to...see....

I am looking on ebay as I type to see what I can find...to test this out....if this works...you would have AF control with the lens....

(Sorry sometimes I think outside the box...(like across the street, down the road, thru the tree's outside the box..)):z04_nic_0075:

Tony C.

Ok...I understand...sorry...my mistake...I did not know canon EOS and FD are two different mount systems.....like Minolta Af is MC/MD lenses....

I am still going to see if I can pick-up an old FD lens...to see what might work....

Again...sorry...!!!

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Back