DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

21mm24mm close focus

C

charlesphoto

Hi,

Does anyone know what sort of "retro depth of field" one can get (if at all) on a 21 or 24 M? In other words, when the focus is set to .7m and fstop 8, 11, etc will the lens give you any focus closer than .7m? Also, I've seen a 21mm before on ebay that focuses closer (1' 16" I believe) - what's the story on that? I shoot a lot of crowds, tight spaces, etc with foreground objects/people so close focus is important to me (why I still shoot with slrs). For the record, I own a late model non asph 21 and a 24.

Thanks! Charles Peterson

If you have a Palm or other pocket PC you can get a program called DOF master. I run it on my Treo 600 phone. It does all these calculations for you.

Wilson

Thanks Wilson. How about the program for a deskbound G5 (I don't have a pocket pc)? Anyone else? Looking for just a "guesstimation" really.

Thanks,

Charles

Back