DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

HDR'd building

james1410

An HDR'd photo of a block of holiday appartments at West Bay Dorset. It was a single raw image which I have then Used to create 3 images before combining.

Attachments

• HDR 1 small.jpg
    EXIF
    HDR 1 small.jpg
    736.5 KB · Views: 31
Hi James,

another very nice shot of yours.

Well .... I am NO expert on HDR-photography but the shot does not seem to contain very high dynamic differences between the darkest shadows and the brightest lights?! ;)

What would be different, if you developed this picture from just one single converted RAW?

Could you post a NON-HDR for comparism?

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Klaus,

Having checked, the original was actually off my canon compact!! Whoops. I have attached a copy of the original image in any case. I did actually over and under expose it to produce 3 images on photoshop.

I like it because its a bit whacky!!! The picture that is , not the camera!!

Attachments

• IMG_0010 small.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG_0010 small.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi James,

compared with the original, the HDR-version is much shinier, somehow brighter and more colourful.

Anyway, it profits from treatment! :)

See you with nice pitures

Klaus

I thought I would play around with the image to see what HDR would do. Its a strange programme but if u get it right, its superb. I am still getting there!!

Thanks for thie inspiration ... I think I will do some experiments with Photomatix, too. This looks very interesting.

Maybe, I can shoot some interesting material for HDR treatment in London this wekkend??! I will see.:)

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Back