DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Tom Abrahamssonbs Softie

Another me2. I was also pretty skeptical of the thing until I tried one. Now all my M's have Tom's softies attached. The only trouble used to be the accidental firing -or worse still, the draining of the battery-- but I found some caps that used to belong to the courtesy sh&oo and baths found in a hotel that fit perfectly over it. Now, when I'm about to put the camera in the bag, I just fish the little cap from the bottom and place it over the button. Solved! I'll try to come back with an image later...

Jorge,

That sounds like a brilliant idea with the sh&oo caps... I must lose atleast 2 or 3 frames a roll when I put the camera back into the bag!

An image would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Cheers

Yes, I'd love one too, without the process of mailing envelopes and such to the US in Christmas post... Any UK suppliers out there?

James

> [I beleive Tom Abrahamson is Canadian, and his products are sold by mail > from B.C., I think. I expect one would avoid the US Christmas rush > altogether, but perhaps it's slow all over. My experience with mail > ordering from him was quick]

Have already spoken to Tom and he is out of the gloss black types - any there any UK supplies? I got my last softie from The Classic Camera store in Bloomsbury but since refuse to buy anything from there because I found the service to be rubbish.

I also emailed Tom, who seems like a pleasant fellow. I'm going to get a matt black one direct from him. Before doing that I did a quick search to see if I might be able to pick any up from a local supplier in the UK. I couldn't find any, and The Classic Camera don't have it listed on their webpage. However, I'd give them a call if you're desperate - although I agree in principle that one should vote with your feet when encountering ba d service, you're not really putting much business their way in buying a softie and, if you think about it, how much service support are you going to need on what's essentially an glorified screw? ;)

Back