DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Anyone here with me? Sigma FP

Well, I use Lumix S1, various vintage adapted lenses, an adapted Canon EF 100-400 for wildlife, I do macro with an old Tamron Adaptall 90mm lens, I shoot astroscapes with a native L mount Sigma lens, etc etc. There is no single forum I frequent, which is why dpreview.com was so great.

Well, I use Lumix S1, various vintage adapted lenses, an adapted Canon EF 100-400 for wildlife, I do macro with an old Tamron Adaptall 90mm lens, I shoot astroscapes with a native L mount Sigma lens, etc etc. There is no single forum I frequent, which is why dpreview.com was so great.
Same feeling here. Were you on the Adapted Lens forum on DPR?

I shoot with both the fp and the S5, mostly with adapted lenses, though I do use the 20-60 occasionally on the S5.

My favorite macros are the OM Zuiko 50/2 and the Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 (Bokina); but I do like the Tamron 90/2.5, and the lighter weight makes it a better match for the fp than the Bokina.

Same feeling here. Were you on the Adapted Lens forum on DPR?

I shoot with both the fp and the S5, mostly with adapted lenses, though I do use the 20-60 occasionally on the S5.

My favorite macros are the OM Zuiko 50/2 and the Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5 (Bokina); but I do like the Tamron 90/2.5, and the lighter weight makes it a better match for the fp than the Bokina.
Hey,

Yes I frequented that forum but didn't post much as time is limited with the camera at present (3 & 5 year old at home). But I loved to see all the different lenses people were very successfully using with their camera's. Some absolute gems for peanuts. My Tamron 90mm 2.5 macro was a bit rough on the focus mechanism and I found the adapters a bit of a nuisance so I stripped it down, regreased it, replaced some cloth stuff and reversed the aperture spring so I could use a dumb adapter in my S1. I don't want to strip another lens down.

I think it was my favourite forum actually.

Hey,

Yes I frequented that forum but didn't post much as time is limited with the camera at present (3 & 5 year old at home). But I loved to see all the different lenses people were very successfully using with their camera's. Some absolute gems for peanuts. My Tamron 90mm 2.5 macro was a bit rough on the focus mechanism and I found the adapters a bit of a nuisance so I stripped it down, regreased it, replaced some cloth stuff and reversed the aperture spring so I could use a dumb adapter in my S1. I don't want to strip another lens down.
Very cool. I've tinkered with disassembling lenses to clean elements, and was able to strip down and re-grease the helicoids on a couple of simple Soviet Industar lenses, but in general that goes beyond my comfort zone - especially since I don't really have a space I can use as a workshop.

Some shots that I liked with the Tamron on the fp:

20220521-SDIM0684.jpg
  • Tamron SP 90/2.5 Macro
  • 90.0 mm
  • 1/320 sec
  • Pattern
  • ISO 100

20220521-SDIM0679.jpg
  • Tamron SP 90/2.5 Macro
  • 90.0 mm
  • 1/400 sec
  • Pattern
  • ISO 100

20220521-SDIM0669.jpg
  • Tamron SP 90/2.5 Macro
  • 90.0 mm
  • 1/320 sec
  • Pattern
  • ISO 100

Do you have any favorites?

I like the statue.. I rarely use the tamron now and don't for anything but macro, but at 90mm and F2.8 I imagine it makes a decent portrait and general purpose lens.

My computer is down at present, this was all I have on my phone.
C1F7C89C5759417E97CFCD847010D87C.jpg
  • Panasonic - DC-S5
  • 1/400 sec
  • Spot
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 6400

I just came over been using a Sigma fp and a Sony A7s plus just found a good deal on a Sony A9 love the high speed electronic shutter, but the fp has the best color. I use older adp. lenses so I can go back and forth with either body and the same lens. Mostly M lenses as I was a Leica shooter in film days.

Back