DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Learning a new technique

short243

Attachments

• IMG18857_norma_small1.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG18857_norma_small1.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 19
Extraordinary results from an obviously difficult concept! This is a beautiful, beguiling image.

Hi Short.

Although I like your shot;) , I do not "believe" it!

Let us have a comparative look at a similar of my pictures.

SIGMA SD9

View attachment 1203

Obviously, the puicture in the drop appears up-side-down. Your bird does not!

Sorry, I really think yours is a photomontage?!! Isn' it? ;)

Beyond this ... I like it. Shooting a bird through a Water drop, having the perfect focus on the drop and the bird at the same time ... sorry this is an impossible thing to do ... the sunflowers were tricky enough!

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Attachments

• -Sonnenblume1-.JPG
    EXIF
    -Sonnenblume1-.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 14
Hi, it is an image of a bird I took a while back. I put a print behind the water drop about 6 inches. The hard part was getting the bird in the undistorted part of the drop. I have been trying to get round drops (think dew) but have not come up with a way that is repeatable. The image posted here is very repeatable, it just takes time to set it up.
Take for instance this shot ...

View attachment 1205 EDIT MOD: Pictures on our server please! Thanks!

Check out the gallery, the dew drops on page 1 I did outside a while back, repeatable only if there is dew.
Oh .... yes I did have to turn the image upside down to get rightside up for the picture.

Attachments

• 108648583.h4u8kVmO.jpg
    EXIF
    108648583.h4u8kVmO.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 13
Hi Short,

please do not post external links to photos! We do not allow this because sooner or later we would have empty and then senseless threads because of dead links as soon as the sources are deleted.
Please upload all image material to our server. I changed that for you.

Beyond that ... I like the shot very much! :) Go on shooting such nice macros.

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

(...) I put a print behind the water drop about 6 inches.

AH HA! I knew there was a trick behind it! ;) I see the little things, don't I?!

And I know, that your print must have been upside down?! Am I right? :D

See you with such ingenious pictures

Klaus

Klaus, perhaps you might consider a new nickname, something like "Eagle Eye"? ;)

Sincere regards, Jim R

Back